In 2014, the British newspaper, The Telegraph, included the Holy Land among the top 25 destinations on their Ultimate Travel Bucket List. Surprisingly, the article did not use the name “Israel,” only naming the Holy Land. The HOLY LAND…. the nation-state of Israel IS Holy Land to millions who have traveled to this Biblical land and while there, had their faith and relationship with Jesus transformed.
It has been said that “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer,” and a faith based trip to the Holy Land, one of the best travel values today, fulfills that promise and more. Tours to the Holy Land typically include airfare, lodging, meals, transportation, fees, and tips. However, when you factor in the investment you make in your faith and spiritual life, you definitely come back richer! Below are five reasons why I say that….
- The Holy Land is the only place on earth where Jesus actually walked. When you step on the Temple Mount, you are walking on the very stones where Jesus walked. When you look over the Sea of Galilee, you are viewing the exact scene that Jesus loved during His time on earth. As you visit the small plot of land that holds the Garden of Gethsemane and its Olive Trees, you are standing in the very place where Jesus prayed and agonized during His last night on earth.
- The Holy Land will remind you that faith is a choice, transforming your belief in Jesus. It will amaze you how well our guide Ezer, who is Jewish, knows the Bible, especially the New Testament. He is more familiar with Jesus’ life and the Scriptures than many of us. In fact, he lives and breathes it! Consequently, even as you view archaeological proof of Biblical infallibility and you come into contact with wonderful Israelis devoted to their nation, their culture and their religion, you will come to realize that your belief in Christ is not only based on empirical evidence, but is a personal choice, a choice you have made, while others have not.
- The Holy Land will change whatever you know about the Bible. Your Bible will go from black and white to color. You will realize that few things in the Holy Land match your imagination. Biblical villages, cities and sites are closer together, the sizes of hills and valleys are different than we expect, culture and context becomes understandable, and the miles that Jesus traveled over incredible, beautiful, rugged terrain become first-hand knowledge.
- In the Holy Land you will experience prophecy fulfilled. The Holy Land overflows with fulfilled prophecies, enriching our faith, and firmly displaying God’s faithfulness to His Word, His covenants and us. Just seeing how the Jewish people have been gathered from every corner of the world, just as the Bible foretold, reveals the truth of God’s faithfulness.
- The Holy Land is a modern miracle that you can see and feel. The birth of Israel and her continued existence, including the incredible statistics that tell us how the Israelis lead the world in innovation, technology, science, medicine, security, agriculture, and water conservation and production, is nothing short of a modern miracle. In just over 65 years, out of the ashes of the Shoah (Hebrew word for Calamity, used by many in Israel to describe the Holocaust) and the dust of the desert, Israel has become a thriving and prosperous nation-state of 8 million people.
If you need more reasons, here are some heart-felt testimonies from our last trip to the Holy Land. I know I come back changed each time and that can happen for you too!
This trip has been fantastic for me. I have been trying to absorb everything I can and it’s really done me a whole, whole lot of good. I feel closer to Christ. I have a lot more questions and I am going to have to do a lot more studying and reading to get where I want to be.
Curt, May 2016 tour to the Holy Land with Rich and Cheryl
I am overwhelmed with the joy of being in Israel, so much more than I ever anticipated. I think our hearts have grown, I’ve learned a lot. I teach Sunday School and what I am going to bring back to share with them…I can hardly wait.
Bev, May 2016 tour to the Holy Land with Rich and Cheryl